Featured Not resolved

I purchased a 2012 Hyundai Elantra from my father 6/16.The vehicle had 94,000 miles when the check engine light came on and started bucking.

Brought it to the dealer who determined the entire engine needed replacement. A 2012 vehicle under 100,000 miles needing an entire engine replacement is ridiculous and unacceptable! I contacted Hyundai via mail whom promptly denied me stating since I was not the original owner the "America's Best Warranty" of 10 years/100,000 miles immediately gets cut in half to 5 years/60,000 miles if you are not the original owner. So apparently they stand by their cars only half as much if you're not the original owner.

I didn't know they warrantied people and not the actual product itself.. Needless to say I'm out $5,300 for a very poorly made vehicle and a misleading warranty. I unfortunately have to drive this into the ground now due to the money pit it is, but once it officially dies I will never buy a Hyundai again! Their cars don't even make it to 100,000 miles before needing a new engine.

My friend's 2007 Chevy HHR performed better for longer, what a joke.

AVOID HYUNDAI!Stick with Japanese companies, Korea can't make decent cars apparently.

Review about: 2012 Hyundai Elantra Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Hyundai?

Comments

How on Earth could you expect anyone to transfer a full 10 year warranty to someone who is not the original owner ?

Only God and His Angels could possibly have any idea what happened to that vehicle then or even guess what you have done to it since.

You're lucky to get that many miles from the thing. Back in my day, 50,000 miles was the beginning of the end for ordinary vehicles. And not 8 year old ones, either.