1.7
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

Feelings of disappoinment, anger, saddness, frustration, disbelief and many more.I am an owner of a 2013 Hyundai Elantra.

We purchased the car with 6,000 miles on it. We have been proud owners and have taken pristine care of the vehicle. Last week we heard a "ticking" in the engine. Took it to a Hyundai dealership who charged $116 to tell me the engine is bad.

The car has 75,000 miles on it, 75% of that being highway miles. I would never in a million years expected a car with 75,000 miles on it, that has been very well maintained, to have a bad engine. Furthurmore, I would not, in any way, allow my customer to take on the cost of over $3,000 for a used engine. The integrity of Hyndai, the trust and respect that I once had for this company has been destroyed.

If your products are being made this poorly and the life expectancy of an engine with 75,000 miles on it is acceptable to you, then I am deeply saddened for all current and future Hyundai owners. Standing behind your product and working with owners is what a healthy, thriving, trustworthy company would do. Customer satisfaction goes a long way.

Disgruntled customers can be detramental to a company.I cannot stand behind the Hyundai name any longer.

Review about: 2013 Hyundai Elantra Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Driving a car for 3 years.

I didn't like: Bad engine.

Had an Experience with Hyundai?

Comments

neurodoc
New York, New York, United States #1298523

Shouldn't that be covered under the 10 year/100k warranty? It is unacceptable for a 4 year old car, with fewer than 100,000 miles to have a blown engine...