2.2
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

Warning don't buy a 2017 Genesis with the 3.8 or anything else if they put the brand new electronic (computer controled) coolant thermostat on it.We bought this the end of September and when it got cool enough for us desert rats to use heat we were pleasantly surprised how quickly the temperature gauge moved and the air started warming.

Two blocks or .2 of a mile about half the distance of the car that we traded in down to 33°. We're now back 38-40° doing great until instead of the 2 blocks it took 2 miles. I got into the dealer 17 days later of this continuous performance and their computers said no codes or lights so adios. When I protest they say computers don't lie so call customer service.

What is interesting is that after the had their computer on it checking it it worked correctly the next day just for that one time. Tells me it's a computer problem the got reset during their testing. Now at 60° it starts action at 1mile w/o the heater on the next day same temp with the heater on it took1.8 miles. I worked on cars for 50 years and this behavior is caused by thermostat not closing all the way or sticking wide open.

Customer service bumps me up a level and I get a call from the worlds smartest tech at Western Regional Consumer Affairs. He begins like machine gun firing everything he knows that will effect the heat. He knows a lot and it was true but he doesn't have a clue on how or when to apply it so that knowledge is worthless. He won't pay any attention to what I say because the computers say it's fine.

He suggests that I let it idle awhile before driving! He will talk to a field engineer and I think great that ought to take care of it,wrong!! The engineer told him it's probably in protective mode and for me to turn on the heated seats. I tell the tech that it's been in protective mode since 1/22 so fix the problem it's protecting against.

His answer was for me to contact Alternative Dispute Resolution Division Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc. 3033 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600 Arlington, Virginia 22201. I know that's useless but I took a look at it to see what's going on. It has a 2 star rating and a lot of angry comments.

Like I thought it's just a stall. This car cost the same as my new house in 79 cause I bought above my pay grade (on pension) but at 75 I figure it's probably the last cause at 80 (if I make it) when I drive into the Circle K lobby and make the film at 10 I'll quit driving. All this has taken away the enjoyment of having this car and put a black cloud over it. This started before the first service at about 3k miles, what's going to happen next and when.

Since the thermostat is part of emissions I'm making a report to the EPA. I just want Hyundai to buy it back at this point.

They're wanting to build this brand but it won't happen with this kind of treatment.They leave me no choice but to turn it over to my lawyer.

Review about: 2017 Hyundai Genesis Car.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Looks.

Had an Experience with Hyundai?

Comments